Soft Tissue Management
1. Your lips, teeth, and tongue may be numb for several hours. Avoid any food or drinks until the numbness has completely worn off.
2. You many have discomfort and swelling in the treated area for several days. To minimize pain and swelling, gently rinse with warm salt water 3 times a day for 4-5 days. Frequent or vigorous rinsing must be avoided.
3. If antibiotics are prescribed, continue to take them for the indicated length of time.
4. Slight bleeding is normal for a few days after treatment.
5. It is very important to continue your normal homecare routine such as brushing and flossing in the non-treated area. For the first 72 hours, be very gentle with brushing the treated area.
Please note: without the benefit of a dental examination, review of medical history and any necessary dental x-rays or other diagnostic aids, no attempt will be made to provide specific diagnosis or recommended courses of treatment. If a topic has not been included that you feel desires special mention, please call to schedule an appointment so we may answer all your questions.